Monday, November 14, 2011

Weightless

As part of our Saturday morning routine Gabriella and I wake up early and let mommy sleep in. The morning usually starts by sharing a couple heart warming smiles, and a bottle of milk. She does all of the drinking of course, I get the pleasure of gazing deep into her little brown eyes. Her focus is intense, hands clenched to the bottle, little feet constantly squirming, fighting to gather every little drop. Once the bottle can no longer produce an ounce we get off the couch to venture through out the house. Knowing that mommy is still sleeping we turn the radio on, tune in our favorite Pandora station and gently dance throughout the living room. No pathway is paved just gentle steps sweeping us deeper into each others arms. My course voice sings over her, songs of worship and praise to our Savior and King. Each step, each note we draw closer together into the presence of the almighty. I begin to see my little peanut drift off into a relaxed state of being. She is calm and at peace, knowing that her father is holding her, caring and loving her. As I hold my precious child in my arms I start to reflect on the fact that an hour has passed and she does not seem to be getting heavy. I'm content knowing that she is mine and she is safe right there with me. I am filled with joy knowing that she is created in mine and Elizabeth's image. Each facet of her little body reflects who we are and where we have come from, our generations have forever been molded together, a reflection of those that have gone before us. While still standing there, holding my precious child in my arms the Lord began to reveal to me just how he holds us in his arms. How our struggles, burdens, failures and baggage never get to heavy for him to hold. He longs to look into our eyes, and feel our breath on his neck and keep us safe in his arms. There is an indescribable feeling of knowing that the God of the universe longs to hold us just as we hold our little children. The same way we love them, hold them when they are screaming, sick and uncomfortable, Jesus longs to carry us. The journey is amazing and breath taking. To know that God has entrusted us with a precious girl, to love, guide, correct and instruct, encourage and strengthen all the days of her life is unfathomable. We will take years teaching her to sit up, crawl, walk, feed herself, speak, dance, run and do many more things independently, we also have the awesome privilege of teaching her how to trust, surrender and love the beautiful savior. Everything she will learn is to be independent, but the greatest lesson she will ever learn is depend fully on Jesus. There is a powerful scripture in the book of Matthew 11:25-30 At that time Jesus said, “I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants. “Yes, Father, for this way was well-pleasing in Your sight. “All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. “For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” To Jesus, you are weightless, he never gets tired of holding you, bring your burdens and free yourself from the worries of the day. You are precious, beautiful and wonderfully made. Have a heart like a child, for the Lord has revealed his mysteries to those that have faith like a child. With Grace,

No comments:

Post a Comment